I have limited dreams.. even so.. these are small little ones.. I'm not a person who can think of the wildest dreams to acheive.. or to plan far far beyond.. I have always doubted my own capabilities and others'.. I am not a believer but a skeptic.. I only believe when I see.. For I weigh carefully the possiblities of failing and achieving the goal. I do not fight a losing battle.
When I was asked to be the vice captain for badminton 8 months ago, I asked myself : "Can I do it? What were the qualities in me that the captain saw that could tell that I'll be a good vice captain?" I took up the post anyway, thinking that I might not be doing a lot since the captain will always be there. Just a month ago, I was approached again. This time I was asked to take up the position as captain. And I asked myself again : "Can I do it? What were the qualities in me that the captain saw that could tell that I'll be a good captain?" I pondered : " Would it be stressful? I dont even have the experience leading a team before!" And after what I have saw in the IHGs, I not only doubt myself, but the team as well.. The team I had now was only half good, how am I to ensure that the team I will have next year would be a better one? If not, how am I going to train them to be fit for the games? All these factors pulled me back from taking up the position. But yet, I finally gave in to Clarice for she had confidence in me. I've decided to give myself a chance in proving my worth. To prove to the others that I can lead the team well and we will play well in the games.
i am who i am
4/05/2007 02:43:00 AM