* me *
S A N D R A
there's nothing wrong with my name. If you think you know me, read my blog and think again. I'm imperfect and I'm Lovin' It. I'm the only witness and the only person who can judge my life.
This is my blog, so read it or leave it.

* philosophies *
Have lower expectations so that life is less stressful and you can live happier. It's ok to fall, but you must remember how to get back up.

* link *
Dina
Class 210
Leonard
Geok Yan
Marlin
Stella
LeQi
Eng Hooi
Jian Hui
Nithiya
Hui Shan
Yvonne

* archives *
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
January 2011

* credits *
design | LyLe
image | kasy
photobucket
macromedia dreamweaver mx
adobe photoshop cs2

do not remove the credits!
remove it and u'll ded

* Sunday, March 2, 2008 *
* Escaping.. *
After days of meetings and endless flow of emails, I've learned quite some things from the whole thing..
Now I appreciate more why the Singapore govt doesn't practice the freedom of speech. It was a measure taken so that the country won't be in chaos and the people wont be able to say things that they please. They restricted what people can say in public to protect the country's peace. This prevented the people from saying things to make others lose trust in the govt. I would say transparency maybe good but freedom of speech isn't. I may be too used to the system of the Singapore govt that I am stunned by the things happening now in hall. Everyone just say what they please and others join in to say more things. Everything just gets more and more nasty. It hurts to hear all the comments. It's not like nothing was done to improve it. Plans have to be thought through thoroughly, a bigger picture have to be seen. The plans have to be beneficial to all and not just a minority. We strive to keep the gap between the wealthy and poor small. We tried to make sure that everyone is treated fairly and they get what they deserve. It's not about being noble or what. But which judge in the world is not subjective in some way? Take any talent competition, why are there always more than one judge? It's to prevent unfair judgment and favoritism. Wouldn't a panel of 11 people make even fairer judgment? Furthermore, the one that is directly involved gets more control. If some extreme deviation from the mean is spotted, shouldn't it be singled out for extra scrutiny? I don't see any wrong in this, especially when changes were suggested and not forced upon. I hate all the talk about disappointment and lack of trust. When people don't voice out doesn't mean that they don't have any comments, it's just that they have no place to do so. I don't even remember having any channels to feedback to about anything last year when I was unhappy about the system. So people should have some limitations over what they say and be happy that they are given a chance to be heard by others at least. This isn't a right for them to criticize as freely as they want and demand that the genie grants them everything they wish for.

Readers' Notice:
I just had to release my frustrations here.. The words above are written when I was just being emo.. So they cannot be taken too seriously.. everything written is just my personal bias subjective thoughts.. All rights reserved..

i am who i am
3/02/2008 01:08:00 AM
0 comments