Recent Enlightenment:1) Tuition is a good source of income- I have always not taken up tuition due to the lack of confidence in teaching. Now that I have started, I feel that it is actually just like revising on our foundations again. And the better thing is that you get to share and improvise tips of grasping the concepts to the student. I feel a sense of achievement from that.
(It made me feel useful.)
2) As a JCRC, your CAP can actually go up- I found out why my CAP went down when the rest of the 27th's CAP went up last year. Reason: I was too involved in other things other than the JCRC. Thus, my plan this time round is to have lesser commitments and spend more time committed to studying.
3) Surviving a life without a laptop- On top of what was written in the previous post, I think that I have survived pretty well because I used the time that I normally spend on the laptop to do other things. Good allocation of time helps to improve grades and relationships. (Side effect: Decreased in quality and quantity in terms of work that requires the computer or internet)
4) Leveling up the ability to resist temptions of spending- The fact that I am relative poor restricts my spending power. The will to save money had increased my ability to resist temptions. Not that I usually spend on my wants, but I have reduced the amount of money spent in that catergory. I realised that I can avoid spending on snacks and unnecessary stuffs like new clothes and accesories. Retail therapy is a luxury. Window shopping without money is heart breaking and will only make you more depress after that.
i am who i am
10/03/2008 02:35:00 PM