* me *
S A N D R A
there's nothing wrong with my name. If you think you know me, read my blog and think again. I'm imperfect and I'm Lovin' It. I'm the only witness and the only person who can judge my life.
This is my blog, so read it or leave it.

* philosophies *
Have lower expectations so that life is less stressful and you can live happier. It's ok to fall, but you must remember how to get back up.

* link *
Dina
Class 210
Leonard
Geok Yan
Marlin
Stella
LeQi
Eng Hooi
Jian Hui
Nithiya
Hui Shan
Yvonne

* archives *
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
January 2011

* credits *
design | LyLe
image | kasy
photobucket
macromedia dreamweaver mx
adobe photoshop cs2

do not remove the credits!
remove it and u'll ded

* Thursday, December 18, 2008 *
* Racism? *
Who is actually the racist one?
Today I took the MRT and met this family of indians.. (2 parents, a girl and a boy)
I happily planted myself down on one of the empty seats for it's a long journey..
There were 4 seats, so I left a space between me and the person on my left..
Don't really like to sit directly next to a stranger if I have a choice..
Then, this family entered the train after me from another door..
Note: There is one seat to my left and two on my right..
The mother holding her son's hand came to sit on my right..
Her husband took an empty seat on the opposite row..
She asked her daughter to sit on the seat on my left..
Her daughter refused and she stood up and demanded that her daughter take her seat..
Her daughter and son being so filial, came up with a plan..
They squeezed their butts and asked if their mother wanted to squeeze in to the space..
The mother then grumbled about the space being too small..
During the whole process, I was taking out my laptop to transfer something to my thumbdrive..
I heard the mother mumbled something about laptop in a pissed off tone..
Hello.. Obviously she's hinting at me to move one seat to the left..
Of course.. I did not budge..
Why should I? I sat there first..
I wouldn't move my precious butt just because somebody mumbled something..
I don't know if she's racist or just purely jealous that I am using a laptop on the MRT..
I am not being racist here..
I am 100% willing to shift my royal butt to the left if she had opened her golden mouth to request kindly for me to move so that she can sit with her 2 children..
She didn't say anything except mumbling some words to herself..
Like as if I am deaf and cannot hear her..
Furthermore, she was speaking English and not other languages..
Of course, I did not catch every word.. Only some..
I may be angry at some of the words I heard..
But I might have heard wrongly..
The mother after mumbling about my laptop and maybe also about how inconsiderate of me not to pick up the hint, move and let her reunite with her children, move to an empty seat opposite me..
Her children kept asking a lot of questions about their destination and she answered from across the train..
While doing so, she never fail not to keep staring at me while I wait for my laptop to load..
While my laptop was loading, her daughter was curiously looking at my laptop..
Peeping at my documents while I organize them..
I felt a little frustrated by the staring and peeping..
And I returned the favor by staring back at the daughter and also the mother..
Trying to hint the mother to stop her daughter from looking at my laptop and leaning closer as she did so..
I quickly shut down my laptop and lower the cover..
Gave the girl another stare as she tried to lower her head to see what else there were on my screen..
Packed my laptop into its case and sat there quietly until Jurong East..
Anyway, that's sort of the end of the story..
Back to the question at the beginning, who is actually the racist one?

i am who i am
12/18/2008 02:37:00 AM
0 comments