* me *
S A N D R A
there's nothing wrong with my name. If you think you know me, read my blog and think again. I'm imperfect and I'm Lovin' It. I'm the only witness and the only person who can judge my life.
This is my blog, so read it or leave it.

* philosophies *
Have lower expectations so that life is less stressful and you can live happier. It's ok to fall, but you must remember how to get back up.

* link *
Dina
Class 210
Leonard
Geok Yan
Marlin
Stella
LeQi
Eng Hooi
Jian Hui
Nithiya
Hui Shan
Yvonne

* archives *
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
January 2011

* credits *
design | LyLe
image | kasy
photobucket
macromedia dreamweaver mx
adobe photoshop cs2

do not remove the credits!
remove it and u'll ded

* Monday, September 21, 2009 *
* Troublesome things *
My cousin from my father's side is having his wedding next month..
My aunt has been panicking about the wedding traditions and arrangements..
Things like how many tables each side should have..
What must the groom's side prepare for the bride..
How to go about the receiving of the bride and tea-serving etc..
Whether or not the bride's parents are taking advantaged of the groom's side..
My father has been receiving calls from my aunt for the past few days just for this..
So many troublesome things to take care of just for a marriage..
When I am going to marry, I will like to do away with all the traditions if the elders allow..
Things like giving face by presenting better wedding gifts or ang pao..
Afraid of the son/daughter being "eaten up" by the other side because of demanding requests of gifts or inability to give presentable gifts..
To think that the young couples are being engulfed in the politics of the marriage between the parents of both sides..
I heard that my cousin's fiancee is a teacher and her family financial status isn't as good as my aunt's family..
The brides parents were also asking for certain gifts from the groom's side that after much discussion between my father and aunt seem to be wants instead of needs..
My father kept telling my aunt that certain things can be omitted so that the costs can be cut..
I think that's sort of true for my cousin's case since the couple has only started their careers not long ago..
Blah.. I think I eavesdropped too much and I divulge a little to much too..
But I think that if all that procedures can be simplified or reduced, it would be a lot easier for all parties..

i am who i am
9/21/2009 03:39:00 AM
0 comments